ASSIGNMENT DETAILS/ GRADING CRITERIA: 1. Evidenced-based Leadership Change project: Instructions for Leadership Change Paper: Observe your environment in the health care facility where you have clinical and monitor the site for signs and symptoms of the need for change. Look at the nursing processes in place: do they work efficiently, are infection control practices being done routinely. Anything can be a catalyst for change as long as it adds something positive to the establishment. Then, diagnose the problem that indicates a need for change:1.Pick a change theory. Lewin’s change theory is used widely in nursing. Despite this fact, there are many other change theories you can use like Spradley’s theory of change, Lippitts change theory or Roger’s theory of change. Pick the ones that best suit the change you are trying to bring about. 2. Put a plan together. Using your selected change theory, develop a plan based on each step of the theory you have chosen. Your plan should address what you will do to solve the problem you have diagnosed. It should include activities that will combat the problem and bring about change, a method to measure the success of the plan such as a quiz and a way to make the change permanent. Be sure to include a timeline or timetable for your change project. It needs to have a beginning and an end. 3.Type a 4-5 page double-spaced, APA formatted professional paper that describes your project and submit to your instructor at the end of the semester. The paper has to include: An introduction: Brief description of the issue & Purpose of the paper Assessment of the environment which needs to be changed: Current practice, organizational structure, deriving and restraining forces, advantages of change, cost and resources for implementing the change. Planning: Goals of change, phases of change, timeline, how you will mobilize the driving forces and minimize the restraining forces and plan of evaluation Implementation: Needed training and education and methods Evaluation. Conclusion 4. Discuss the change theory you applied to the problem you diagnosed and all the activities you planned for bringing about change.
Expert Solution Preview
To successfully complete the evidenced-based leadership change project, there are several steps that need to be undertaken. First, you need to observe your environment in the healthcare facility where you have clinicals and identify any signs and symptoms that indicate a need for change. This could include looking at the efficiency of nursing processes and the routine practice of infection control measures.
Once you have identified the problem that indicates a need for change, you should select a change theory that best suits the change you are trying to bring about. While Lewin’s change theory is commonly used in nursing, there are other theories such as Spradley’s theory of change, Lippitt’s change theory, or Roger’s theory of change that you can consider.
After selecting the change theory, you need to develop a plan based on each step of the theory you have chosen. Your plan should outline the activities you will undertake to solve the identified problem and bring about the desired change. It should also include a method to measure the success of the plan, such as a quiz, and a way to make the change permanent. Additionally, you should create a timeline or timetable for your change project, clearly outlining the beginning and end of the project.
When writing your 4-5 page double-spaced, APA formatted professional paper, include the following sections:
1. Introduction: Provide a brief description of the issue and the purpose of the paper. Clearly state the problem that indicates a need for change and why it is important to address it.
2. Assessment of the environment: Evaluate the current practice, organizational structure, and identify the driving and restraining forces at play. Discuss the advantages of implementing the proposed change and consider the cost and resources required for its implementation.
3. Planning: Define the goals of the change and outline the phases of the change process. Include a detailed timeline for the project and explain how you will mobilize the driving forces while minimizing the restraining forces. Additionally, describe your plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the change.
4. Implementation: Discuss the training and education that will be needed to support the implementation of the change. Detail the methods and strategies that will be used to ensure successful implementation.
5. Evaluation: Explain how you will evaluate the outcomes of the change project. Consider both short-term and long-term measures of success and discuss how the results will be used to inform future practice.
In conclusion, discuss the change theory that you applied to the diagnosed problem and describe all the activities you planned for bringing about the desired change. Emphasize the importance of evidence-based leadership and the potential impact of your project on healthcare outcomes. Submit your paper to your instructor at the end of the semester.
Note: This answer assumes the role of the medical professor.